UAE is a nation of chances for students looking to study abroad and a thrill for those who are just interested in the world. The city skillfully combines characteristics of the east and the west thanks to its prime location in the middle. With the peace of mind from living in a city named one of the safest in the world, those choosing Dubai as a study location will gain from its excellent living standards and abundance of options.
To obtain a student visa in the UAE, one of the recognized colleges or institutes or a resident sponsoring their child must do so. When entering the UAE, a key is the first and most important need. Therefore, the requirements for a student visa, fees, and other prerequisites are detailed here.
Required documents for a student visa
- The letter of acceptance for the college or institution in the UAE.
- Proof that you have the money to pay your tuition and living costs.
- Your original passport and many copies of it.
- Many passport-sized photos. Be ready; you might need up to 12.
- A medical certificate from a UAE health facility authorised by the government. Medical testing for HIV, TB, Hepatitis B and C, Leprosy, and Syphilis is required of all applicants older than 18.
- Evidence of lodgings, such as a lease agreement or student housing documentation.
- Provide documentation from your prior institution or university attesting to your certification if you apply for a post-graduate program.
How to get a Student Visa for the UAE?
If you’ve been admitted to a university in the UAE, your school will arrange to obtain your UAE student visa from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). The school must be accredited to apply for the permit on your behalf.
Your school can only apply for a UAE Student Visa on your behalf once you are already in the country because it is a residency visa. To study, you must first get an admission permit.
How long is a student visa for the UAE valid?
A student visa is typically granted for a year and can be extended once a year as long as you are enrolled in classes. You need proof from your institution that you are still registered in school to renew your student visa.
However, in 2018, the UAE government unveiled a new class of long-term residence visas given to exceptional or excellent pupils. Five years are the duration of this type of visa.
Requesting an Entry Permit
Before entering the UAE, you must obtain an entry permit, depending on your nationality. Your school also sponsors your admission permission. One of the following portals is where they can apply:
- The mobile apps for Apple and Android
- The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for Apple and Android
- The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- The ICA’s Chanel portal
Once you’ve arrived, your school must arrange for you to obtain a student visa, sometimes called a student residence visa.
Requesting a Student Visa
The GDRFA office of the appropriate emirate in which you will reside receives an application for your UAE student visa from your college or university. If your application is accepted, the GDRFA will stamp a residence visa in your passport and issue you an Emirates ID, both of which are valid for the same time as the visa.
Who Can Get a 5-Year Student Visa for the UAE?
If you have a solid academic record and a high GPA, you may be eligible for a 5-year UAE Student Visa. The following are the requirements:
- A minimum grade of 95% in a public or private secondary school is required for graduates in secondary education.
- For university graduates inside or outside the United Arab Emirates, you must have a minimum GPA of 3.75.
This kind of UAE visa holder may also bring dependents with them.
Can I Work in the UAE While on a Student Visa?
Only those holding a UAE Work Permit who are also on a student visa are permitted to work in the UAE. You can only work up to four hours straight and not work a full-time schedule. This is a recent decision, as international students were previously not permitted to work at all outside of internship programs that their institution approved.
How much is the student visa fee for UAE?
A student residence visa will only be issued for one year at a time, and can then be renewed. The application for a student visa can cost up to AED 3,000 (US$820). A deposit of AED 1,000 (US$270) is also required.
Do I need to apply for a student visa if I already have resident access?
You are only required to change your sponsor if you reside in the UAE if you choose to.
When I’m not in the UAE, can I renew my visa?
No, as a medical examination will be required for the visa renewal process, you must be present inside the nation.
What conditions must be met to obtain a 5-year visa?
Get a diploma from a secondary school, whether public or private, with a minimum grade of 95%. Students must graduate from colleges and universities inside and outside the nation with a noteworthy GPA of at least 3.75.
Can I take my dependents to Dubai with me?
The UAE government permits full-time overseas students to sponsor their relatives studying in Dubai on study visas.