Dubai is a popular destination for tourists, business people, and students from all around the world. Before you can enter Dubai, you need to obtain a visa. A Dubai visa is a document that allows you to enter the country and stay for a specific period, depending on the type of visa you have applied for. Dubai offers various tickets, including tourist, visit, business, and student visas.
The duration of each visa depends on the purpose of your visit. You must apply online or through a travel agency to obtain a Dubai visa. The application process is relatively simple and requires you to fill out an application form and provide supporting documents, such as a copy of your passport and a passport-sized photograph. You also need to pay the visa fee, which varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
Types of Dubai Visas
Tourist Visa: This visa is for those visiting Dubai for tourism purposes. It is valid for 30 days and can be extended for 30 days. This visa is ideal for those planning to stay in Dubai temporarily.
Visit Visa: This visa is for those visiting Dubai to meet family or friends. It is valid for 90 days and can be extended for 90 days. This visa is ideal for those who are planning to stay in Dubai for a longer period.
Business Visa: This visa is for those visiting Dubai for business purposes. It is valid for 14 days and can be extended for 14 days. This visa is ideal for those attending a business meeting or conference in Dubai.
Student Visa: This visa is for those planning to study in Dubai. It is valid for the duration of the course and can be extended if needed. This visa is ideal for those planning to pursue higher education in Dubai.
How to check the status of your application for a Dubai visa
By doing the following, you can find out the status of your application for a visa to Dubai:
- Visit https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services/visa-inquiry, the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) official website.
- From the drop-down option, choose “Residency and Citizenship.”
- In the relevant field, enter the number associated with your passport or visa application.
- Enter your birthdate and choose your nationality.
- Enter the verification code provided on the screen.
- To check the progress of your visa application, click the “Submit” button.
You will see the visa information and the validity period if your visa application has been granted. If your visa application is still in progress, the website will display the current status of your application.
At the travel agency or Dubai visa processing facility where you submitted your application, you may also find out the status of your visa request for Dubai. They will give you the appropriate reference number or application tracking number so you may use it to check the status of your visa application.
How to apply for Dubai Visa
- Determine the type of visa you require: Dubai provides a variety of visas, including student, business, visit, and tourist visas. Each visa has unique restrictions as well as a set amount of time that it can be used. Choose the visa category that best fits your travel needs.
- Gather the required documents: Depending on the type of visa you’re applying for, different documentation may be needed for a Dubai visa application. A completed visa application form, a copy of your passport, passport-sized photos, documentation of your travel itinerary, and proof of your financial ability to pay are typically required.
To check the particular requirements for your visa type, go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) website in Dubai.
- Apply online: Choose the “Services” button from the top menu of the GDRFA website (https://www.gdrfa.gov.ae). Pick “Visa and Entry Permit from the drop-down box,” then choose the kind of visa you need. Fill out the appropriate fields on the visa application form, then upload the required files.
Use a credit card or one of the other available payment methods to pay the visa fee online. You will be given a reference number after you submit your visa application, which you can use to check the status of your application.
- Wait for the visa to be processed: The authorities will examine your visa application. Depending on the type of visa you are looking for, the processing period for a Dubai visa may change. Through the GDRFA website, you can check the status of your visa application.
- Get the digital visa: You will be emailed a digital visa when your visa application is accepted. When you arrive in Dubai, print a copy of your electronic visa and provide it to the immigration official.
- Get to Dubai: Provide your passport and electronic visa to the immigration officer when you arrive. You can enter Dubai after the inspector has verified your documentation and stamped your passport.
What documents are required for a Dubai visa application?
The documents required for a Dubai visa application may vary based on the type of visa you are applying for. Generally, you will need a copy of your passport, passport-sized photographs, proof of travel plans, proof of financial means, and a completed visa application form.
How long is a Dubai visa valid?
The validity of a Dubai visa may vary based on the type of visa you are applying for. Generally, tourist visas are valid for up to 30 days, while visit visas may be valid for up to 90 days.
Can I extend my Dubai visa?
It may be possible to extend your Dubai visa if you require more time in Dubai. Contact the Dubai Immigration Department or your travel agency for assist
Most foreign nationals require a visa to enter Dubai. However, some countries are exempt from visa requirements for short stays. Visit the official website of the GDRFA in Dubai to check the visa requirements for your country.
Can I apply for a Dubai visa on arrival?
No, applying for a Dubai visa on arrival is impossible. You must obtain a visa before you arrive in Dubai.